Apr 6, 2010

SOMETHING SPECIAL

Had a good chat with Tom & Ian today, and got talking about Peter Robertson's win at the 2005 ITU World Champs in Gamagori, Japan. It still ranks as one of my all-time favourite races. Five years on, it's interesting to look back at some of the names in the races; some familiar faces were just emerging on the world stage, and some others were (and still are) at the top of their game. Here's a great video of the mens race, definitely worth your time, and more entertaining than anything on TV tonight.


Some great quotes from Robo at the end:

"Today was something special...I had to dig deep. I've never hurt like that before. I was absolutely exhausted coming down the finish chute. I just didn't want to get passed, it meant too much to me today. I'm really glad I hung on for....an amazing victory."

"I knew I could do it...I knew it would be tough...but, I guess I wanted it more than anyone else."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting CT, I was looking for footage of this race and couldn't find any. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP